Review: YSL Mon Paris Perfume


I have to say, I didn't have any intentions of purchasing this perfume when I walked into Boots a few months ago, but there was a really in-your-face kind of stall right at the entrance so I thought, why not just see what it smells like? So I sprayed some on one of those little tester cards and I immediately fell in love! I literally could not stop sniffing it for the whole time that I was in there; I must have looked a little bit crazy haha, but it just smelt SO GOOD!
I didn't think that any perfume would replace my beloved Midnight Rose, but YSL have gone and done it :) So, as I seem to review any product that I am raving about, I thought that I would spread the love here. 

First, let's talk about the packaging. I think that the subtle pink with the black and gold writing goes beautifully together, and also matches the perfume itself. I think it looks very mature and something that a businesswoman would pick up. 
I love the bottle as it is simple but very sweet with the addition of the bow; something that hints towards the actual sweet and fruity scent of the perfume. I feel like the packaging was very well thought of and is something that also helped to catch my eye in the first place :)


The perfume is quite a fruity and sweet one, so if that is what you are looking for, then this may be the perfume for you! There are definite hints of berries, limes, pears, quite a zingy orange tone and a tiny hint of vanilla. Perfect for all seasons! The overall feel that I get from this perfume is that it is very feminine, but it is sophisticated, mature and a very clean and fresh scent too! 


This perfume is meant to be inspired by Paris - the city of love. This means that the scent is a romantic one, which is probably why it is so head-on. I have to say, it is one of those perfumes which makes people smell you before they even see you, which personally, is something that I look for. It lasts very well as I can still smell it on myself all day and on clothing like scarves days later. The other day, I put it on as I was going to my boyfriend's house and the first thing that he said as I got out of the car was "you smell nice", as the scent came rushing out with me as soon as I opened the door. This just shows how much this scent carries and how powerful it is; as well as how nice the smell is haha :)

I would say that it is more of a daytime perfume, but there is nothing stopping you from wearing it out at night with a little black dress and some heels!

This cost me £68.00 in Boots which I thought was a really good price as you don't need to put much on due to it being such a powerful scent. This means that it will last me ages which is another thing that I love about it! Definitely worth the money :) 

xx
Share:

5 comments

  1. It is isn't it?! :) Yess same, I feel like I'm constantly topping it up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty photos , need this perfume in my life

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© PaulaMarie | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig